Flowers...

A single red rose i gave you
perfect,
flawless,
one to match the characteristic of your being
the best,
impeccable.
And as i placed before you,
the fruit of nature's labour
i got to think of the flowers that we have savored
flowers that i have given you in the past,
beautiful, intoxicating, ones that did not last
flowers after past fights,
flowers for nothing,
flowers for mother's day,
flowers for everything..
and that rose epitomized a different type of flowers i would give you
flowers that you can't smell,
flowers that you can't see,
flowers that you can't appreciate,
flowers from me...
and in between broken petals crushed from my tears,
i thought about the flowers that we would never share,
graduation flowers,
flowers from my wedding bouquet,
flowers in the garden grown with your grandchildren
flowers from my first mothers day..
these flowers we will never share,
those memories we will never share,
and as i stare off, into what appears to be the future of us,
I lay down your rose,
with you, where i laid down my heart.


I miss you...so so much..

0 comments:

Post a Comment