11/04/10

Here's my NaPoWriMo Contribution for today...its just a lil quick poem I wrote today while I was in the park. enjoy

Under the belly of cerulean skies,
I've learned that happiness is found in the wake of pain's demise.
In the pit of hopeful eyes, lies, answers to life's forgotten treasures,
Misused jewels,
And uncovering them is comparable to Bradford hitting Plymouth rock
or sir George striking the bermoothes...
Happiness..tells me frequently that
She isn't of the mysterious clan,
Or that she is hidden from the eyes of the common man,
She's evident, always present,
She just isn't always plastered on those who chase her,
Or grinned on the chin of those who waste her.
But always in sight when hurt has reared into life.
She's a mender,
A fix-er upper,
A problem stopper.
Happiness, the pursuit of which I find myself on the tail end of the chase,
But its not a race,
Happiness is like grace,
A blessing,
And always an option for
Open hearts..

1 comments:

Ciara said...

my gal... is HOTT... (with two Ts that's right)... I likey!

Post a Comment