Death of a Beauty

Saw this image on tumblr and it inspired me to write my NaPoWriMo poem for 15/04/2010. So here it is.Its kinda short. i think i'll make it longer another day, but for right now, i'm hella tired. and i'm kinda satisfied with it for the moment. Word up to fight club, great film.



I felt like destroying something beautiful today.
So I strung my heart up on a bulls eye
And let the ills of the world pierce its membrane,
I let pain hit its core and tear the epitome of its charm,
And I aimed at it misery to hit it straight on..
I allowed ugly to shred its beauty and darkness to cover its light,
No more will passion boom from its over zealous beats,
Never again, will it become drunk with compassion, and spill over its rations to the reservoir of my soul..
My bow and arrow aim was perfect and ready.
And my usually unreliable hands were strong and steady.
my precision is never far from accurate so I know that there was fatality in the midst of its impact..
And the sad thing is,
It used to be so beautiful.
People used to marvel at its
Charisma,
Used to beg for its attention,
This heart had a fan club, received loved letters, and anonymous I love you's,
This was when it was bondage less and roamed free from life's issues.
But ever since its been captivity.
Its been useless,
Its worth has become less
And who wants to hold onto something that they no longer have use for,
Or that is broken abused and sore..
I mean they shoot horses don't they..
So why not hearts?

2 comments:

Ciara said...

you don't know how much I love your poetry!

Yesha said...

awww thank you Ciara! seriously, you don't know how much that means!

Post a Comment