NaPoWriMo..16/04/2010


No idea what to call this one. but here's my poem for the day.


I find poems that i've written in the strangest places,
stanzas scibbled on the soles on my feet
on the inlets on my palms
i've found,
metaphors drawn on my lips
and sketched on my hips,
I seem to put poetry
everywhere,
so that I won't forget
its importance.
I went to the fridge the other day
and in between the milk and the butter
there was a poem about,
my vices and my lover,
I found one etched on my bathroom mirror,
drawn in last nites soap bar,
there are poems in my cupboards,
sometimes they spill into my bowl of cereal in the morning,
more then once i've swallowed letters
when I was looking for marshmallows.
I've seen them on the tongues on my shoes
and in the creases of my smile,
i even saw one once scrawled on a strand of my hair,
written with care,
growing with time.
and those, i love to find,
they have become my own personal hide and seek
players
and uncovering, and discovering their presence
only spawns more of their essence.

3 comments:

Ciara said...

so like when are we going to have a compilation book...

Yesha said...

As SOON as you make me a handmade book :D!!

Ciara said...

lol... you RIGHT!!!

Post a Comment